In 1888 William C. Sujkowski opened a furniture store in the Polish Village on Lagrange St. in North Toledo. His business expanded to include caskets and eventually became a funeral home. In 1920 the business expanded to include a location on Nebraska Ave. in South Toledo where his son William K. Sujkowski joined the business. The Nebraska Ave. location was eventually run by sons of William K., Eugene J. Sujkowski and Valentine Sujkowski. The business continued on for many decades at the Nebraska location with Eugene's sons, Eugene Jr. and William C. Sujkowski entering the business. Eugene Sujkowski Sr. passed away in 1978 and in 1980 the business was moved to Airport Hwy in South Toledo where it remains today. In 1976 Eugene Jr. and his wife Marcia Sujkowski purchased the Rossford Funeral Home on Dixie Hwy. from the late Norman Sweet and renamed it Rossford-Sujkowski Funeral Home. In 1983 sons, Brian and Mark Sujkowski, 5th generation joined the business full time. In 2000 The Rossford-Sujkowski Funeral Home moved to their newly constructed facility on Lime City Rd. in Rossford to better accommodate the families they serve. In 2005, Eugene Jr. retired from the Toledo location and devoted his time to the Rossford location with his sons until his death in 2014. In January of 2017, Brian's daughter, Ashley Sujkowski, 6th generation received her funeral directors license and now proudly works full time at the funeral home along side her family.